I'm feeling insomniatic-shocker.
Happy 3:12am. It's a good time to be alive. And sitting in the dark listening do your roommate breathe and shift in her bed just a few feet away.
Guess what-I love my life.
Why? Aight aight...I'll tell you...
1. You know that roommate I mentioned? I adore her. We can laugh hysterically all day...and we do...But we can also discuss those more hard things in life and find incredible support from each other.
2. Anyone who ever talks to me could tell you I am obsessed with my job. I love it. I think about it-dream about it-look forward to it-hate leaving it...
3. Abode. The new apartment is cozy and a sanctuary. It feels like home. And my two other roommates are absolutely amazing. Sweet, laid back, and so much fun.
4. Weather weather-
And then I don't know what happened...I finally drifted off? That would have been a miracle. But either way- thankfully today, Halloween 2010, I still love my life and so...I will continue that post (look up) below...
5. I am still thrilled with all of the above mentioned things. Roommate Rachel-so wonderful and such a great example to me. Oh. And a blast to be around. Der. Work is still fantastic. Of course it is hard at times, that is to be expected, but I adore it and think about the kids constantly. The new apartment isn't so new but is still feeling nearly perfect. And we received this amazing Pumpkin Pie candle as a gift which makes home smell like heaven. And the weather, thought I'm sure it was warm back in September, is now cooling off. Leaves have changed and fallen, allowing me to crunch through them and relish in the sound and smell. Even the cold rain feels lovely and festive.
6. The Holidays are here/coming. The build up to Halloween this year was epic with pumpkin carving, The Haunted Forest, the delicious Pillsbury sugar cookies with pumpkins on them, candy corn, scary movies (AMC's Fear Fest is amazazing), reading Halloween stories at the library, Classic Skating in costumes, and finally...Trick or Treating with the nieces and nephews. And boom bam Thanksgiving is going to be here!!! And for the first time in ever (aka 4 years) I'm going home to celebrate it with my parents and most of my siblings! And then Christmas which is the most wonderful time of the year (the song even says so) comes and there are white lights, Christmas cookies, caroling, hot chocolate, family, friends, love, etc.
8. Dating JJCJ. He's great. Obvi. Huge understatement but ya know...
7. Family. Mom and Dad are funnier than ever. I made a habit of calling them more often and I just adore chatting with them. Matt and Keri and the kids are a blast to spend time with and I love that they are so close. Michael and Rachel and Co. are wonderful and I always love catching up with them. And they are meeting up with us in Chicago for Thanksgiving! And Michael is funny. Not the funniest. But funny. Jonathan and Chelsea have this new beautiful baby boy plus James and I love them all. Jonathan is brilliant and fun and sweet and loving and his wonderful wife is exactly the same. Ellie is ridiculously awesome and lately I keep meeting people who know her and all they do is rant about how great she is. I just feel proud and think "She used to copy me all the time...I'm glad she turned out better than I did!"
8. Everything else. I found an adorable and insanely comfortable shirt the other day at Banana Republic. I have the most amazing, understanding, loving, fun friends in the world. I go on lil adventures all the time. I laugh. I work with one of my best friends. I get to wear moccasins now! I have running water. And running WARM water. I have a good life!