Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Spanglish Is My Life


In a Station of the Metro

The apparition of these faces in the crowd;
Petals on a wet, black bough.

--Ezra Pound




Fresh berries. Delicious and the lip stain of Summer. Pair it with a sun kissed face, a lil Burt's Bees, and air dried hair. Happy. Easy. Simple. Summer.


I love the Reader's Digest. Always have. Always will. I remember being a little girl, sprawled on my parents bed (the best place in the world to take a nap) reading issue after issue from cover-to-cover. We always had millions of them scattered around from various years. 3 on Mom's bed side table, 2 on Dad's. 4 in their bathroom. 2 in the back entry way one. 3 in the basket by the speakers and probably up to 5 scattered around the aquarium. Except we didn't have an aquarium. Well, we did. But we got rid of it when I was 3 or 4. And yes, I still have a vague memory of burying Flounder in the back yard. But we still call that area "the aquarium", even 18-19 years later.

Anyway-they had this article titled something like "50 Things Your Dentist Wants You To Know". Fascinating. I have always brushed, I can't function without it, but now...I got out of bed last night to REbrush after my mind wandered back to the article. (You should spend at least 10 minutes daily taking care of your dazzling smile). And I added "mouthwash with floride" to my shopping list. Dr. Workman would be proud...

No comments:

Post a Comment