Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sporadic

The other day I was thinking about balance. Mostly because I have none (I tip over at random and classic roller skating is a near death experience...) but I have some (Working out, work, church, school, social life-). And it is the most satisfying feeling in the world-climbing into bed at night, relatively early so I have energy for the nonstoppingness of the following day, without the feeling of "Dang it...". Everything is better with a lil balance, or so the roller skaters tell me.

One Art

The art of losing isn't hard to master;
so many things seem filled with the intent
to be lost that their loss is no disaster.

Lose something every day. Accept the fluster
of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.

Then practice losing farther, losing faster:
places, and names, and where it was you meant
to travel. none of these will bring disaster.

I lost my mother's watch. And look! my last, or
next-to-last, of three loved houses went.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.

I lost two cities, lovely ones. And, vaster,
some realms I owned, two rivers, a continent.
I miss them, but it wasn't a disaster.

--Even losing you (the joking voice, a gesture
I love) I shan't have lied. It's evident
the art of losing's not too hard to master
though it may look like (Write it!) like disaster.

--Elizabeth Bishop


Mmm I love my poetry class. I wish everyone could just observe it. It is hysterical (I laugh for 2.5 hours straight) and it is absolutely beautiful. Hearing my professor read Elizabeth Bishop's poem was chillingly moving. He is brilliant. Brilliant.

Perfect Day Description
-Work (Responsibility...)
-Epic Kickball Game
-Homemade Smoothies
-Going to the pool
-The feeling of the sun/getting a soft burn
-Eating pizza, watermelon, and chips
-Being with amazing people
-A quality 1 hour nap
-Chilling with friends
-Cafe Rio
-A Frosty and a lil "House"
-4-Square in the street
-Sand Volleyball

And that was my Saturday...

My dreams lately have been eerily realistic. Searching for missing children, getting rejected, comforting a friend, being worried about work and school, turning off lights to conserve energy, planning an 'escape' trip to France. And none of it was done with flying Care Bears or changing faces or even weird time lapses. It was just life. But life in blue. (Picasso reference).

I have three bandaids on my body right now. Three. And they all happen to be on the right side of my body...so much for being balanced, right?

1 comment:

  1. You are obsessed with the term "lil" haha. :) Your day sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete