Friday, May 1, 2009

Relocation is kinda fun...

I knew I liked reading and so, I knew I liked books. What I didn't know was that I own a million.

So I moved today. Clothes, put away. Toiletries, put away. Kitchen stuff, mostly put away. Books, not so much. And yet I still have to keep telling myself not to go to DI and browse, looking for my next love affair...

Owning a book is so much better than-well-not. I can write in the margins, underline brilliant passages, and throw in a few Post-it notes if the desire arises.

List of observations from the day/week:
-Familial loyalty is ummm...awesome.
-Flip flips can cause blood shed.
-So can closet doors...my ear is still recovering.
-Fire places should be in every apartment. Every one. Ever.
-I smell like lavender...Mmm body wash.
-I should be a freaking detective. It appears to be a talent of mine...
-There are different ways of being happy.
-My fingers are raw from playing the guitar but its the best pain I have ever experienced. Yup.
-I'm a Knock Out/Lightning champion. Not really. But sorta.
-I have a line from Mean Girls stuck in my head...Oh Gretchen Wieners..."You can't sit with us!"

Foil dinner time...fire places...awesome...

3 comments:

  1. I really like unpacking. It must be my sick love for organization. The only way I keep down my book collection is by giving almost all of them away. Book swapping is the way to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the crap did you get a blog and how come I didn't know about it??!! I'm so glad you commented on mine so that we can be blog buddies! yay!!! Megan Lavin

    ReplyDelete
  3. To what does the "familial loyalty" comment refer?

    ReplyDelete